Termos e Condições
Welcome to Kenhub! Kenhub is an online learning platform on the website www.kenhub.com (website) operated by Kenhub GmbH (Kenhub, we, us, our). We help our users (user, you) learning medical related topics.
The following Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) govern the relationship between you and us and will answer the most relevant of your legal related questions for using Kenhub and our services. Read them carefully.
In particular, these T&Cs inform you about
- the start and end of our contract,
- the payment for your subscription,
- your right of withdrawal,
- our liability and
- copyright and ownership of our content.
§ 1 How do I get to use Kenhub and when do I enter into a binding contract?
- In order to use Kenhub you need to create an account (account). By doing so, you enter into a binding contract with us.
- You may only use Kenhub for personally studying medicine. No other usage is allowed, especially business purposes or sharing your account with other people.
§ 2 What can I do with Kenhub?
- Kenhub provides extensive resources to guide you through the human anatomy with videos, quizzes, articles and an atlas.
- We offer a free registration (basic account) with limited access to our content and functions as well as a paid subscription which grants broader access (premium account).
- You can use Kenhub for private purposes only.
- For teaching and other purposes we offer special licenses (e.g. campus, image or instructor licenses). Please contact us if you are interested in our licenses.
§ 3 How much does it cost and how does the payment work?
- Registration and usage of the basic account are free of charge.
- You will find prices for our premium accounts on our pricing page.
- All prices are in the currency displayed and might get converted into your local currency during checkout. Inside the EU all prices include statutory taxes such as VAT.
- We accept payments via Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Paypal. Payments are due in advance.
- You need to use our payment provider Fastspring if you decide to use Paypal. You will enter into a separate payment contract with them under their terms and conditions.
§ 4 How long does my contract last?
- Free registrations last forever, but you and us are both allowed to cancel the contract by the end of the current month.
- Paid subscriptions are either entered for one or twelve months.
- And the lifetime plan lasts as long as you do.
§ 5 Does my paid subscription renew automatically?
Yes, unless you or we have cancelled it.
§ 6 How do I cancel?
- Except for the Lifetime plan, you can cancel any contract at any time via email to [email protected] or through your subscription management page.
- Once cancelled, your account will stay active until the end of your current contract period (see § 4). Please note that any unused time in the last billing cycle cannot be prorated or refunded.
- Upon termination of your premium account, it will be switched automatically back to the basic account.
§ 7 What if I don't like your services?
- If you are not happy for whatever reason, you can cancel your premium account within the first 7 days after first becoming a premium account user. Your termination becomes effective immediately and we will refund you in full within a few days (money-back-guarantee).
- This does not apply to renewals of premium accounts.
§ 8 Do I have a right of withdrawal?
Yes, if you are a consumer, currently residing in the EU, and only using Kenhub for personally learning medical related topics, you do have a right of withdrawal.
§ 9 What is Kenhub's liability and how is it limited?
- We are proud to ensure Kenhub's availability of 99%. Technical shortcomings of Kenhub and either announced or unannounced repair or maintenance works may lead to further restrictions or interruptions.
- We can neither guarantee the validity nor the accuracy of educational content provided on Kenhub, but we work closely together with experts in every field to make sure you get the most accurate content. If you spot a mistake, please let us know and we will carefully review and fix as soon as we can.
- We are fully liable for all damages that are grossly negligently or deliberately caused by us, our legal representatives, executive staff or vicarious agents as well as for at least slightly negligently caused damages from bodily injuries.
- Our liability for damages caused by a slight negligent breach of major contractual obligations is limited to damages which are typical to this kind of contract. We are not liable for damages caused by a slight negligent breach of minor contractual obligations. A major contractual obligation is one that are essential to the execution of the contract and that you as a customer may and do typically rely on.
§ 10 Who has the copyright and who owns the content?
- Unless content is expressly labelled otherwise (e.g. as “public”) or you lawfully obtained a license, all texts, images and other works created by Kenhub and made available to you within the course of your account are protected by copyright. Therefore, you are not allowed to reproduce, distribute or exhibit our content nor publish it in any way.
- For any other use (i.e. replication, duplication, sell, resell or exploit), you have to obtain our written consent and/or a license.
§ 11 Which law is applicable to my contract?
This contract is subject to German Law. However, you will not be deprived of the protection afforded to you by provisions of the law of the country where you have your habitual residence.
§ 12 Finally, who helps me if we disagree about an issue?
The European Commission has developed an online dispute resolution platform to help you and us resolving contractual disputes about your online purchases out-of-court at a low cost in a simple and fast way which you can find here http://ec.europa.eu/odr.